VFT:LA MAR '12 Event ft. Scott Waugh (dir/prod "Act of Valor")
Scott Waugh (ACT OF VALOR co-director, Bandito Brothers co-founder, producer, former stuntman, 35mm helmet cam inventor)
Scott Waugh is Co-Founder of Bandito Brothers, an independent content creation studio and has worked as a producer, director, editor, cameraman, and stuntman. He has been involved in more than 150 film and television productions in various capacities and was fortunate to live on sets with directors Michael Mann, Steven Spielberg, and Oliver Stone. In January 2012, Variety named him one of its 10 Directors to Watch.
Scott is the co-director (along with Mike McCoy) of the critically acclaimed film ACT OF VALOR, a feature length film starring active duty Navy SEALs. Despite the reported $12 million dollar budget, AOV has grossed almost 60 million since its release. Veteran special operations bloggers that have seen the film unanimously agree that AOV "gets it right" from a technical and operational point of view.
Military families are also very taken with the film. "I think it's safe to say that this is the first movie I've ever seen that has thrilled me by the way it portrays military families," said Amy Bushatz, managing editor of Spousebuzz.com and an Army wife. "This is the first time I've ever felt my life accurately represented by Hollywood."
Scott truly understands our desire to tell military stories: he has worked with the Navy, Air Force, and Marines Corps and has developed advertising media with Electronic Arts for their wildly successful video gamesBattlefield 3 and Medal of Honor.
VFT is thrilled to have Scott Waugh speak about his expansive filmmaking experiences, reflect on his extensive relationship working with the military, and participate in a Q&A with VFT members.
Full Bio: www.banditobrothers.com/company/bio/2
Scott will be speaking to the members of VFT on...
- Date/Time: Monday, 26 MAR 2012 | 8:00 - 9:00pm (meeting begins at 6:45pm)
- This event is for registered VFT members ONLY. It is closed to the public and no guests will be admitted.
- VFT members wishing to attend this event must RSVP to the official EventBrite invitation. This invitation will be emailed on 3/19 to all VFT members that are registered at: www.vftla.org/join
- An RSVP list will be maintained at the door; you must bring photo ID that matches the name of your RSVP.
- The cost to attend this event is $10 (mandatory, cash only) which will cover the costs of the American Legion, its parking lot, its parking lots attendants / on-site staff, and for use of the bar following the event.